WELCOME TO CORE BITES

This is Judy Ritsema, Your Core Health Coach.

When you just don't have time to get to the CORE with my indepth stories and reports at
Core Health Coach , here are my quick and delicious reads to ponder and discuss.

Hope they 'apeel' to you. Take a bite! Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why Am I Not Fat?

I want to talk to you today about my blog I wrote on Monday. If you haven't read it yet, now would be a good time. So, on to my thoughts, ideas, and suggestions about what I figured out on being fat.

First of all, I want you to know that I still have a fat spot in my heart. Now, I didn't say soft spot. I said a fat spot. What I mean by that is, I know what it's like to be fat. I understand the concept and I absolutely get it. I have empathy, wisdom and a connection with the 'fat ones.'
Therefore, I want to give you some heartfelt and lifelong keys to success when it comes to losing fat and keeping it off long term. Yes, occasionally I do gain a few fat cells, but it isn't the prison that once held me captive. It's just a temporary look back to keep me humble and ever alert to what was and what could have been. It gives me that inner place of peace to know that I can stay away from the fat black hole I was in for thirty years. The insane fat membrane where I could see out of, but no one that had not served time there, understood.

I understand, and so here are my tools:
Belief- This was to me, the most important part. You can believe you can accomplish your fat loss or not, it's a choice to dwell on what you can do or what you can't do. I needed to go through what I did to finally understand that I had to believe I could do it. I began to realize it by everyday events in life.
Now, you must be thinking, what does that have to do with losing weight? Well, think about it. Do you know someone who has said they are going to start or stop something, like go back to school, or not smoke so much or maybe find a better job, because they hate their boss?
You bump into them six months or a year later and ask them about how school is going or what kind of job they found and they haven't done anything. They are still doing the same old, same old. They just seem to be stuck, not happy, and dwelling on what they can't do or what somebody did to them, or what someone owes them. You know what I mean.
How about something as simple as being on time? If you are having trouble with just everyday living, then what makes you think you can be successful at losing weight, which is one of the hardest things to accomplish?
What I did, was evaluate myself. How I was living my everyday life. Was I being consistent in my approach to life in general? Well, the answer was a definite, not as much as I could have or should have. So, what I did, is do one thing I knew I needed to work on. That was my faith.
I kept repeating day after day, all day, whenever I thought of it. This is what I said; I know what I am capable of. I can be whatever I set my mind on. I need to believe in myself, and I need to be consistent. I am safe and secure in the knowledge that I can allow my true self to shine.
I must add, I didn't start losing weight right away, either. I just needed to learn what to do first. I am going to let you know in a couple of days what else I had in my tool kit, as well.
Whatever you need to think, just rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. It's called the power of suggestion. It's been around for a long time.
Here is a powerful poem that I will leave you with:

"If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with the fellows will-
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!"

This poem is an excerpt from Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich

0 comments: